Driven by a passion for cake decorating, and inspired to share our skills and knowledge with both professionals and beginners alike, the JEM School of Cake Decorating & Confectionery Arts was launched in 2014.
Internationally acclaimed, the school offers courses in a wide variety of cake decorating skills, techniques and trends suitable for all levels, from beginners to enthusiasts and professionals.
Cake Decorating Courses:
- PME Professional Diploma – offering fantastic tuition in cake decorating, together with everything you need to know about setting up a cake decorating business, this course is divided into three modules: Sugarpaste, Sugar Flowers, and Royal Icing & Piping with a Masters Certificate awarded when all three modules have been successfully completed.
- Sugarpaste/Rolled Fondant – learn the tricks of the trade and find out how you too can create a stunning cake in sugarpaste from start to finish, including how to cover cakes in sugarpaste to creating novelty cakes, multi-tiered cakes and more.
- Sugar Flowers – discover how easy it is to create stunning sugar floral displays when you learn how to make an array of beautiful life-like sugar flowers the professional way, from unwired flowers to wired flowers, roses to orchids.
- Royal Icing and Piping – learn the basics of royal icing and piping and you’ll be making exquisite royal iced cakes in no time! From how to make royal icing and pipe simple borders, this course teaches you everything you need to know, including advanced techniques such as runouts/colourflow, extension and lace work.
- Basic Cake decorating – develop your skills in a fun, relaxed and informative environment and learn how to make the sweetest cake creations while enjoying individual attention. These short workshops are designed to get you started and teach you the basics of cake decorating.
- Cakeit – designed to cater for those who prefer to learn online, the Cakeit website provides free videos, recipes and advice as well as the tutorials to accompany the Cakeit Kits. With easy to follow projects, fun ideas and step-by-step instructions, Cakeit guides you along the road to success.
Hosted in a large air-conditioned classroom at our offices in New Germany, our classes are designed to ensure there is time for individual attention, while a projector and screen ensure no detail is missed.
Our talented resident teacher, Sharon Essop is PME Accredited and has over 12 years’ experience in the manufacturing of sugar products, while our assistant teachers are highly experienced and on hand to help you and guide you every step of the way.