DURATION: 5 days 9am – 4pm
DESCRIPTION: This course has been developed to follow on from one of our basic level courses in cake decorating. It will enable the novice to advance their skills to the next level, using new techniques and ideas.
Book your space now to create beautiful sugar flowers. Classes are hands on, fun and full of knowledge.
All ingredients and equipment provided in the class for the duration of the course.
Book class today and experience how easy it is to bake and decorate amazing cakes.
Discover different ways and methods of decorating a cake with realistic looking gum paste flowers and foliage.
Learn to assemble a spray of hand-made gum paste flowers together, creating a bouquet.
Topics to be covered in the lesson:
- Covering fruit cakes with almond marzipan and fondant icing.
- Piping a shell border around the base of a cake.
- Attaching a sugar ribbon onto the cake board.
- Stacking of cakes, creating a tiered effect.
- Draping onto the sides of the cake, as well as draping from one tier to the next.
- Making of gum paste and royal icing.
- Gum paste flowers, Life Size Rose, Carnations, Gerberas, Cattleya Orchids, Cymbidium Orchids, ST Joseph/Star Gazer lily, Jasmine and Hydrangea.
- Hand moulding of the Strawberry, Grapes and Acorns.
- Foliage, Grapevines, Strawberry Leaves, Acorn Leaves, Large Posy Leaves &Chrysanthemum leaves etc.
- Shading flowers and foliage with various dust colours.
- Assembling flowers and foliage made in class, into bouquets.
- Bows for drapes.
- Borders and designs for the side the cake.
- Ladies Shoes and Handbag.
At the end of the lesson, the student designs his/her own creation of the cakes, using the various techniques learnt in class.
You will be provided with the following:
- 1 x 7’’ Square Fruit Cake
- 1 x 10’’ Square Fruit Cake
- 1 x 7’’ Square Cake Card
- 1 x 13’’ Square Cake Board
- 1 x 14’’ Cake box/lid
- 1 x 1.5 kg Almond Marzipan
- 2 x 1 Kg Fondant